Monday 16 December 2013

Bargain Beauty Buys: EBay

Another great place to find bargains is EBay, once again it has pretty much everything you could ever want…. Do you want to know another little secret? ... I bought my prom dress off EBay!

That's me in the purple!
But today I’m looking at beauty products again, so you have 2 choices, you have the companies, which are Brand New often bought in multi packs, or you’ve got the pre-owned (sometimes used) products, now I’ve been rather lucky with some of the purchases I’ve made, but I’ve also had a few bad experiences too, so it’s not full proof.

The best of what I’ve bought, pre-owned:

Benefit Ultra Shine lip gloss for £5.70 in the shade ‘Who are you wearing?’ I love love LOVE the applicator on this its acrylic stick with a lovely little brush to apply, these generally retail form around £12.50-14.




Not the best images I know but I wanted to show you the applicator, and please excuse my unpainted nails.

But my best buy is by far my Nars artist palette, I paid £22.50 for this bad boy, it had been very lightly switched which in all honesty I don’t really mind because it came will all its packaging even a plastic film sheet between the palette. And this originally retails for around £55. It has the classic 'Orgasm' shade as well as 'Silvana'. It also includes 4 eye shadows and 4 lip colours.




I know they look dusty, its just make up and Nars packaging attracts the worst.


Speaking of the worst, the one bad experience I’ve had is when I tried to buy a soap and glory lip gloss, and I won the auction and paid, but my product didn’t arrive, so I ‘opened a case’ and the seller apologised and said they’d send another, to this day, I am still waiting and I’m not that bothered because it was only about £4 but never the less, I could have bought something else, I might do something about it still. If I ever get around to it.

There is always that doubt on EBay whether it’s genuine, but I’m a risk taker, so I don’t really mind, but if you’d rather not waste the money then I wouldn’t try, but there are some great bargains waiting to be found, don’t fall in the trap either and make sure to check the price of postage and packing.

There are also some fab clothing and accessories I’ve bought off EBay but ill save that for another post.
S xo

No comments:

Post a Comment