Thursday 27 February 2014

My Room tour - at Home

Hey guys! You may be thinking the title is a bit weird, but this is my bedroom at home and I'm planning on doing a Uni one too, I wanted to share this with you because you can learn a lot about someone by how they style and decorate their room, I love bright colours but I don't want it to be overwhelming because you wouldn't be able to relax if if was too bright, so I have a few pops of pink and purple throughout my bedroom. I have a large-ish room and the main part of it is obviously my bed. I love my bed, it's huge and super comfy!

IKEA - LEIRVIK (comes in white, my Dad sprayed it black)
Wrapped around my headboard is 2 sets of fairy lights, a dream catcher a star, 2 different kinds of hearts and a duck :D.



My bedside table is from T K Maxx so I don't know if you can find it elsewhere.


These are some of my bedside essentials, I won't go into it because it's quite clear what's there.


At the end of my bed, I have 2 of these square bookcases on wheels, and I pull them out when I need something out of the lower shelf, and on the top shelf I keep DVDs and books.


On top, I have a penny jar, some books and a current scrapbook I'm working on, a clutch, a unicorn and some framed photograph.


I also have my SATC boxset, some little statue doll things a Turkish turtle, an 18th money box, a duck I painted, a perfume bottle and 2 more statue, dolls. The egg shaped one was my nan's and is very precious to me.


My memo board has more special things on like photos, cards, my calender, a sister angel, a badge and a few other bits.


These are my drawers, again from Ikea but I don't think they are available any more.


My jewellery box is one of my favourite items that I own, it's all mirror and can hold quite a bit, I think it's pretty amazing! It was a Christmas gift from a shop called past times but I can't find an online store. 


My snow globe and Russian doll collection.. I will say no more.


These are my favourite two, Disneyland Paris and New York.


This is my mad corner, it holds my perfumes, rings, special mementos like my 24ct gold wine, my clacker board from Disney, an 18th champagne flute and my favourite of all, my ticket frame which was also a homemade gift (it's basically just a wide photo frame holding all my special tickets... good old pintrest)


It may seem quite strange to some of you that I have a second bed in my room, It's not really there for a function of a bed, it's more of a couch or chill out spot. Although when family or friends stay there is always a spare bed. I've collected the pillows and teddies from all difference places, so if you want to know more then just ask in the comments.



Now this is my little corner for candles, it's for when I'm chilling or reading a book, it's nice to have a little light and a beautiful smell to relax me, my new wax melter was a birthday gift (that I asked for) so it'll be cheaper than buying Yankee candles and I still get the same sent pay off. The 3 block candles are just for decoration, the silver tin at the back is where I'm keeping my wax tarts and tea lights. I have a few special items in the beaded box and the Elliot elephant was one I bought for my Nan and when she sadly passed, I was given it back to keep. 


Underneath is 3 very old books I bought at a antique shop, along with a cute Christmas candle (I keep it out all year!) a pig I pained and some dried rose petals from the first flowers my boyfriend bought me.


Again this wardrobe is from Ikea but I don't think you can buy it any more. :( The dress is from Dorothy Perkins about 2 years ago but I still love it. 



And sadly that is it! 




This is the end of my room tour, if you have any questions where anything is from, just ask in the comments below. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it! Usually it's a mess, but let's keep that a secret! 

S xo



3 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely and comfy! I wish I had like a 'candle corner'

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room must be soo big! I love the way you have the shelves at the end of your bed that you can just pull out when you need something, I could really do with that in my room so that I can utilise the space more. Got some inspiration from this :)
    www.hels92x.blogspot.com ..check out my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah thanks guys! It'd be great if you checked some of my other posts out! :D xx

    ReplyDelete