Wednesday 18 December 2013

How to: Clean your brushes on a budget

It is my belief that you can get good makeup on the cheap, however I do believe brushes are worth the investment…I invested in the Bdellium tools, which are eco-friendly bamboo brushes (And to make it fun, mine are green, there are also yellow and pink avaliable). I got mine from Sprinkleofglitter (Louise) and Zoella (Zoe) collaboration shop ‘Louella’ which you can find here.

I bought:
The ‘mineral’ brush kit - £33.95


The ‘foundation’ brush kit - £33.95


The ‘smokey eye’ brush kit - £19.95




Total for 14 brushes is £87.84, I didn’t buy them all at once but this works out at around £6.28 per brush. Now that really isn’t bad for high quality, eco-friendly synthetic brushes.

Because for me, these brushes were an investment, I wanted to find the best way to take care of them because I want them to last a while. So far I have found:




Johnson’s baby shampoo is probably the best, its most cost efficient and is very good for a very deep clean (which is what I’ve just done, cleaning for Christmas and all.)


You can get a big bottle for about £1, or a mini travel size for 89p which is what I bought first and it lasted me months, because I just wanted to try it. I haven’t tried the mac ones, because I don’t want to pay the prices, and I’ve tried the elf one and I didn’t like it. But for £1 why do I want to keep looking, I’m happy with the price, the way it works, and the very pleasant smell which reminds me of babies, and who doesn’t like babies?

All in all, I think we’re onto a winner with baby shampoo and if you find a cheaper one then try it, it might be better? … I’m planning on trying the Simple Baby shampoo next, which you can find for £1 in Home bargains as well.

S xo

No comments:

Post a Comment