Friday 3 January 2014

A trip to Telford - a blast from the past!

So last weekend Dylan and I ventured down to Telford because I wanted to take him to somewhere I went a lot as a child, so as part of his Christmas I booked for the two of us to go and stay in Telford and visit the working museum. It is basically a replica of an old Victorian town, we snapped a few photographs, so I’ll just include those now.


This is old style money, you can change your own money into old money so you can spend it or either keep it. The first it a fathering, the second is a half penny, the third is a penny and the fourth is a threepence. It's really fun trying to wrap your head around it and get used to the change!


This is the main street where you enter, the first building is the bank and then on the end is the chemist, I was very tempted to buy soap and lip balm but I had to stop myself because I really don't need any more.




This street leads off the main street and this is where the sweet shop, fish and chip shop, dress maker and post office are. I bought a newspaper but it got ruined on the way home and unfortunately we didn't snap any pictures of our sweets or chips.





We loved these old fashioned signs for Cadburys, Colmans, Bovril and Loads more!


This is the Doctor's house and you can go inside and meet him and his maiden helper. When we arrived the Doctor was outside shovelling coal, how cool and realistic?


We went to a lesson in the school at 12 and the head master was so realistic (and scary). We had to use chalk boards and do the 4x table, the head master picked on adults and rewarded children who gave the correct answers, he even went round and shouted at the girls who had nail varnish on (and luckily that day I didn't hehe). He was a very good actor and we were very impressed.

The best bit of the day for me was definitely the food we got to eat, we ate chips (which weren't that special), freshly baked bread and biscuits, old style sweets and drinks! 


This curiosity cola was delicious, it was like regular cola with a hint of ginger, I also tried Victorian lemonade but that wasn't as tasty in my opinion. I didn't get chance to photograph anything else before we ate it. Sorry!

I apologise for the quality of the pictures, I wasn't very prepared haha.
S xo


No comments:

Post a Comment