Wednesday 12 February 2014

Cheap and healthy meals!

These are my go to recipes:

Spaghetti Bolognese



Depending on how you go about this, you can make it either super cheap or super healthy, but healthy food doesn't tend to be that cheap.

Mince meat/ Mince quorn

Quorn is a healthy option as there is less fat, but for meat lovers, lean mince is the better option but it is also more expensive than regular mince. Watch out for meat on offer!

Pasta

You can get pasta so darn cheap it's great! You just have to watch portion control or you can opt for wholemeal pasta (but once again it tends to be more expensive than value pasta). In Aldi spaghetti pasta is 23p. With pasta it's more about portion control.

Onions

I have found the best thing since sliced bread. FROZEN DICED ONION! Literally you scoop up a handful and throw it in, no crying or faffing!

Now this is the bit where people differ, the healthier option is to make the sauce from scratch with tomatos and pasata. But the student in me tells me to buy a jar. You can get a jar of pasta sauce for a pound or sometimes less, but to make it from scratch probably cost about 70p. However you do need to buy all the herbs, which I have so it doesn't bother me cooking from scratch.

Then from here, you can add peppers (frozen sliced peppers, anyone?) or I remember at school my teacher put carrots in?!

Don't forget you can freeze any that's going spare!

S xo


No comments:

Post a Comment